Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to detect drivers compiled into the kenel?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7

    How to detect drivers compiled into the kenel?

    I know I can get the drivers loaded as modules with lsmod and modinfo. But how do I know which drivers are compiled into the kernel?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    On my system
    ls /lib/modules/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7
    ghaze I thank you for your reply. I think however that you made a mistake in your advice. ls /lib/modules will list all drivers compiled as modules which may or may not be loaded for a particular system. What I needed was a list of the drivers that were compiled directly in the kernel.

    Fortunally I just stumbled on the solution
    Code:
    cat /boot/config-$VERSION | less
    will list the configuration file used to compile the kernel. I think this will only work on debian and derivatives such as Knoppix. Then again who cares about other systems

    Charles

Similar Threads

  1. Running compiled files
    By kepler in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:55 AM
  3. Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS
    By stelman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:54 PM
  4. Request for MPPE compiled in...
    By Vermyndax in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:05 PM
  5. Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC
    By Sport in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$120.73



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00