Knoppix can see windows partitions. Even NTFS ones!
I have no idea what you mean by "linking" though.
How can I link those two system so that knoppix will see windows partitions?
Knoppix can see windows partitions. Even NTFS ones!
I have no idea what you mean by "linking" though.
I agree with IoN_PuLse. Are you trying to mount a partition off a local hard drive? Are you trying to access windows over a network? Please explain.
My problem is that knoppix should automaticly (i think) find windows partitons and place shortcuts to them on desktop, but in my case he haven`t found them. Also the cdrom isn`t accesible. How can i make them active (or something) that knoppix will see them. Thanks for quick replying to my problem. (sorry for my english)
Well it is supposed to, but how old is the system you are trying to use it with? Are your drives hooked up through IDE?
I`m using knoppix 3.1 and windows me. There both on the same hdd. The windows is installed on fat32 partition and knoppix on ext2 and i`m trying to acces fat32 partitions.
Ah - you have done an installation to your hard drive and now the familiar desktop icons are no longer there. As root run cfdisk -
su
<password>
cfdisk /dev/hda (change 'hda' to whichever hard drive you wish to see).
Once you see your partitions you just need to mount them, here's an example:
mount -t vfat /dev/hda3 /mnt/win
I have no idea what mount points you have - you can see them like this:
cd /mnt
ls
I have no use for desktop icons myself but you can create them if you like. You'll likely need to edit your fstab but to find out what partitions are already mounted look at /etc/mtab.
Ah, I thought you were booting from the CD
That reminds me, I should probably mount my fat32 partition on my drive that has knoppix installed....I didn't even miss it![]()
right onOriginally Posted by IoN_PuLse
Thanks, that is what I had in mind but I have another question. When I mount a partition it effects only this session. How to make a partition mounted automatically after every boot? How to mount a CDROM and floppy disk?

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE
$99.99
Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99