-
Install Error
I was installing the debian form of knoppix, to with the bootloader to the /root instead of the /mbr, so that I could use a floppy to boot. I got 80% percent done, but then it got these error things, something about cant read the partition table. Then it went along forever, and then I noticed that it started going in circles, the same 2 lines over and over, something about a ceratain point on the drive. I might be not telling enough, but I dont have the exact error, but if anyone knows something.
-
Tad bit vague..
Your post is a tad bit vague, but lemme just say that if your partition table is messed up, look use the search function in this forum to see how a partition table should be properly partitioned. Second, I had the same kind of problem with the install stopping, so, I would recommend that you use the cheat code at the boot prompt. Worked for me, hope it works for you.
* In an EXTREME case, where you don't care about data loss on your hd, or have backed up everything on your hd, you may want to "zero" it. WARNING! This will wipe out all your data!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Tad bit vague..

Originally Posted by
mimes
... use the
cheat code at the boot prompt. Worked for me, hope it works for you.
...!
The proper form of the nodam cheat code is nodma, not no dma. The example that you gave would likely force dma on if it did anything (no is not a valid cheat code and hopefully would be ignored, I think dma is valid and forces dma on, which is the current default condition and so not needed).
Similar Threads
-
By twistedalpha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 45
Last Post: 11-27-2005, 08:30 AM
-
By kene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 12:36 AM
-
By ses182 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00