Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Stupid question, please help a newb....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Stupid question, please help a newb....

    I'm still pretty much a newb to linux and I've got a problem with my distro of Knoppix, hmm, imagine that.... anyways, I downloaded an iso of Games-Knoppix and it didn't come with Ark for some screwed up reason. So my question is: where can I get Ark? I downloaded a .deb of it but I can't open it. Help!!! Please!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Use Klik to install it to your home.

    jd

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    61
    Mavrious, did you do an HD Install of Knoppix, or are you running off the Live CD? That makes a bit of difference long term.

    As far as what to do with the .deb file you downloaded, you can use dpkg to install it (more information on this here ), or you can use apt-get to install it - which might be easier depending on what your long term goals are.

    Hope this helps,
    Ewan

    ---

    Also at this blog

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Klik wouldn't work for me for some reason.

    I've installed it to my hd and I'm not really sure how to install something unless I have the source for it or if it has an installer

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrious
    Klik wouldn't work for me for some reason.

    I've installed it to my hd and I'm not really sure how to install something unless I have the source for it or if it has an installer
    See this: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15298

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    I got it to work now, thank's for the help!

Similar Threads

  1. I hope this isn't a stupid question
    By sacwb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:27 PM
  2. Stupid question about LILO
    By crazygopedder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 02:36 AM
  3. Probably a very stupid question, newbie
    By lace99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 02:25 PM
  4. Stupid question/protocol needed
    By nicorelli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 08:18 PM
  5. Stupid question about remastering.
    By spite in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62