-
Junior Member
registered user
Lost USB drive
Guys,
Thank you for your help. I got the help from the Forum three times just to start using Knoppix. And all times I declared: Now it works. But never say it works. And now I got the next problem, just to make Knoppix live.
Yes, my SATA HDs had been detected. The clue was Knoppix 3.7 with cheatcodes knoppix26 and the weird acpi=off (Hello, Windows!!!)
It even had detected my USB flash drive. So, I reported success here.
Sheesh! When I connected my USB external drive and reloaded OS, the drive was not detected. I had no problem with the drive using Knoppix 3.4 (old kernel)
Please, please. My wishes are extremely modest. I just want to have my Linux box running. With SATA and external USB hard drives. Is it too much???
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:22 AM
-
By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By twinkel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 08:21 PM
-
By eviscerate in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 02:38 PM
-
By Ewen in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working
$44.99

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00