Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ok, this is just crazy!!! I gotta know!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2

    Ok, this is just crazy!!! I gotta know!

    I got the knoppix CD in, and i am using it. How am i able to save files? I just saved some pictures, and there in my home directory. How is this possible if i am using a CD? Where are they being saved to? This is freakin" Nuts. I am getting a second hardrive tomorrow. I gotta install this linux. This is just too much!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    It's saved to your RAM, so it is wiped when you reboot.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    If you have NTFS partitions you really shouldn't write to them, but if you have FAT partitions you can mount them as read/write (they default to read only for safety with Knoppix) and then move the pictures there before you shut down. There are, of course, many other ways you can save the pictures when running from CD.

Similar Threads

  1. I gotta problem
    By carolina1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 01:34 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 05:37 PM
  3. I did it again... I gotta learn how to do this....HELP!
    By pgk3734 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 05:40 AM
  4. crazy colors
    By greema in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:00 AM
  5. Gotta Question
    By Dr Snark in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 02:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$236.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US picture

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US

$349.00