Fat32 is a fine system for PH.
Knoppix however locks a drive when it boots from it.
Hi!
I am using Knoppix 3.7. If I try to boot from hd with knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 and home=scan (or home=/dev/hda1/knoppix.img or home=/mnt/hda1), I cannot mount my home directory.
I get a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, a warning that fat32 is not a good file system for a home directory and the mount failed.
On a second system where /dev/hda1 is fat16 partion, I get also a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, but afterwards everything works fine.
Any solution available for that problem? Does anybody knows where to patch that stupid fat32 warning? I suspect around there is the problem.
Best regards,
Andreas
Fat32 is a fine system for PH.
Knoppix however locks a drive when it boots from it.
>Knoppix however locks a drive when it boots from it.
It seems to release the lock for the mounting of the loopback device knoppix.img, if the file system is FAT16. But it don't release the lock, if the file system is FAT32. Any clue why?
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 and home=/mnt/hda1 works perfectly with FAT16 on /dev/hda1.
Regards,
Frank

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Western Digital WD121PURP 12TB SATA 3.5" Purple Pro Surveillance Hard Drive
$275.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99
Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99