Fat32 is a fine system for PH.
Knoppix however locks a drive when it boots from it.
Hi!
I am using Knoppix 3.7. If I try to boot from hd with knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 and home=scan (or home=/dev/hda1/knoppix.img or home=/mnt/hda1), I cannot mount my home directory.
I get a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, a warning that fat32 is not a good file system for a home directory and the mount failed.
On a second system where /dev/hda1 is fat16 partion, I get also a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, but afterwards everything works fine.
Any solution available for that problem? Does anybody knows where to patch that stupid fat32 warning? I suspect around there is the problem.
Best regards,
Andreas
Fat32 is a fine system for PH.
Knoppix however locks a drive when it boots from it.
>Knoppix however locks a drive when it boots from it.
It seems to release the lock for the mounting of the loopback device knoppix.img, if the file system is FAT16. But it don't release the lock, if the file system is FAT32. Any clue why?
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 and home=/mnt/hda1 works perfectly with FAT16 on /dev/hda1.
Regards,
Frank

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00