-
fromhd + home dir on the same partion doesn't work (fat32)
Hi!
I am using Knoppix 3.7. If I try to boot from hd with knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 and home=scan (or home=/dev/hda1/knoppix.img or home=/mnt/hda1), I cannot mount my home directory.
I get a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, a warning that fat32 is not a good file system for a home directory and the mount failed.
On a second system where /dev/hda1 is fat16 partion, I get also a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, but afterwards everything works fine.
Any solution available for that problem? Does anybody knows where to patch that stupid fat32 warning? I suspect around there is the problem.
Best regards,
Andreas
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 03:58 PM
-
By MrGreen in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
-
By franz29 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$79.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive
$24.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99