-
fromhd + home dir on the same partion doesn't work (fat32)
Hi!
I am using Knoppix 3.7. If I try to boot from hd with knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 and home=scan (or home=/dev/hda1/knoppix.img or home=/mnt/hda1), I cannot mount my home directory.
I get a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, a warning that fat32 is not a good file system for a home directory and the mount failed.
On a second system where /dev/hda1 is fat16 partion, I get also a message that /dev/hda1 is already mounted read only, but afterwards everything works fine.
Any solution available for that problem? Does anybody knows where to patch that stupid fat32 warning? I suspect around there is the problem.
Best regards,
Andreas
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 03:58 PM
-
By MrGreen in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
-
By franz29 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG Smart Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Trio 500 Multi Pairing
$40.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00
![Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ] picture](/store/img/g/Vs4AAeSwRbVqwATU/s-l225/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-5-active-Untested-for-parts-onl.jpg)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ]
$75.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77