-
hda for MS-Windows and hdb for Knoppix with a fdd?
I have two physical disks.
My intention is to keep (for now) Windows in the hda and install Linux (Knoppix) in the hdb.
My questions are:
1. Is it possible?
2. During install (of Knoppix), will hda's MBR stay untouched?
3. Will i be able to boot Linux from the floppy made during install?
If someone as any sugestion/opinions, please share them.
Best Regards.
-
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm still a newb at this stuff.
1. Yes, it is possible, you'll need an ext3 (linux filesystem) partition on the drive.
2. Hda's MBR will remain untouched if you want it to.
3. I think so, I couldn't tell you though, I have LILO installed to the MBR, so i just choose to boot from linux or windows.
-
Ok thanks.
You said
I have LILO installed to the MBR
What did you installed first? Windows or LILO (probably my question is absurd)! Or in another way, can i have LILO to select what OS to boot (hda-Windows / hdb-Linux), without having to reinstall windows?
If soo, please give me some tips!
§8-)
-
You would want to install windows first, then install linux and choose to let lilo install to MBR of hda. It will detect your windows install and add it to the menu.
Similar Threads
-
By benjamin1254 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:33 PM
-
By kev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

motherboard CPU combo am4
$70.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99