Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Live CD looses configurations

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2

    Live CD looses configurations

    Hello all,

    I'm just getting started on Linux and I'm now exploring Knoppix 3.7 Live CD.

    I'm running into some dificulties. Everytime I change some of the configurations, either the Language of the keyboard, add some bookmarks on Firefox, etc... the next time I boot it, I have to configure it again.

    Is there anyway of keeping the configurations on my HDD, while running Linux from CD?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    I'm a newbie as well, so you may not want to listen to me

    I created a separate partition formatted in ext2 (I'm booting knoppix from an iso on an NTFS partition), this is where I have created a persistent home and where I save my knoppix configuration to.

    Once you have this partition (I think it can be another hdd (or the same but different partition), fdd, usb key etc), click the penguin-->Configure-->Create a Persistent Knoppix home directory. Walk through the few steps, then make a few changes to your liking and choose the Penguin-->Configure-->Save Knoppix Configuration.

    Reboot and make sure to use the codes to scan for your home and config, or explicitly define where they are ie /dev/uba1 etc

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    You need to either make a persistant home directory (on a thumbdrive etc) or install Knoppix to HDD.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron
    I'm a newbie as well, so you may not want to listen to me

    I created a separate partition formatted in ext2 (I'm booting knoppix from an iso on an NTFS partition), this is where I have created a persistent home and where I save my knoppix configuration to.

    Once you have this partition (I think it can be another hdd (or the same but different partition), fdd, usb key etc), click the penguin-->Configure-->Create a Persistent Knoppix home directory. Walk through the few steps, then make a few changes to your liking and choose the Penguin-->Configure-->Save Knoppix Configuration.

    Reboot and make sure to use the codes to scan for your home and config, or explicitly define where they are ie /dev/uba1 etc

    Hope this helps.
    On the contrary. Thank you very much for your excellent solution. I'll do it right away.

Similar Threads

  1. monitor looses signal from graphics card during boot
    By techno-mole in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 01:38 AM
  2. Knoppix configurations
    By Jahkaral in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
  3. Kdrive configurations?
    By Nosman in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 03:24 AM
  4. different configurations
    By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 06:37 PM
  5. knoppix 3.2 floppyconf looses HD
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00