Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Klik is kewl, but a few questions...

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96

    Klik is kewl, but a few questions...

    This is a very kewl project. Knoppix continues to blow my mind.

    Was able to install the Klik client on a knoppix box that I'm using as a server. The reason I installed it is that I'm looking to install either Real Player or Kaffeine.

    Reading the webpage, looks like it runs new version of Knoppix. My server is like 3.3 or 3.4, can't find a version command line. Will there be a problem in trying to install packages?

    Also, I'm using apt-get to update and install packages, and only getting stable packages. I've tried to install Kaffeine, which is listed in the unstable packages, I believe. Will there be any conflicts with this and apt-get and unstable packages?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298

    Re: Klik is kewl, but a few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by JockVSJock
    This is a very kewl project. Knoppix continues to blow my mind.

    Was able to install the Klik client on a knoppix box that I'm using as a server. The reason I installed it is that I'm looking to install either Real Player or Kaffeine.

    Reading the webpage, looks like it runs new version of Knoppix. My server is like 3.3 or 3.4, can't find a version command line. Will there be a problem in trying to install packages?

    Also, I'm using apt-get to update and install packages, and only getting stable packages. I've tried to install Kaffeine, which is listed in the unstable packages, I believe. Will there be any conflicts with this and apt-get and unstable packages?

    thanks
    you can change the 'default' repository for packages in /etc/apt/apt.conf.

    if you issue a "apt-get install kaffeine", apt-get will first look in stable (if thats default, of course) if its there, if not, then testing, if not there, then unstable.

    you shouldn't have any problems mixin' stable, testing and unstable.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Klik supports Knoppix 3.7 and up. You might be able to get some apps to run using older Knoppix versions, but I would expect problems with most apps.

    As a temporary, unsupported, inofficial workaround, you can add @2004-02-09 to any klik link, then it tries to be Knoppix 3.3+ compatible, e. g. klik://xvier@2004-02-09 - but that will only install software ftom 2004-02-09.

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
  2. How does Klik working? (Few questions)
    By eyalben in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 09:14 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 04:35 AM
  4. Very basic questions about KLIK
    By dpeirce in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 12:23 AM
  5. Replies: 210
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different

$29.99



Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested picture

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested

$139.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00