Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to write to USB HD?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    How to write to USB HD?

    Hi,

    I'm trying to back up my data using knoppix. I had a Ximeta Netdisk USB hard drive that knoppix automatically mounts to /dev/sda1. However, I cannot write to it no matter what I do. I cleared the read-only flag on it and I edited the fstab to no avail. How can I write to this HD and commence my backup?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    How is it formatted?
    Can you show the output of: sudo fdisk -l
    Is it mounted rw? Output of: mount
    To mount everything rw: sudo mount -a
    Are users allowed to write and have you tried as su?

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot write to / in any way
    By UDHA in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 12:26 AM
  2. I'm not able to write something!!!
    By wuschel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 12:51 PM
  3. I CANNOT WRITE TO MY HD!!!!
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. cant write to hdd
    By boo ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
  5. Cannot write to hd HELP!
    By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G) picture

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)

$32.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99