Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: NEWBIE Screen Res Q

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    NEWBIE Screen Res Q

    Hi all....first time I've tried KX and it looks cool!

    problem 1: I've installed to hard drive but when it loads the max screen resolution is 1024, but in WindowsXP I can run 1280...can someone help me change this?
    I understand from other posts it may be as simply as knoppix screen=1280x1024 but not sure how/where to change this and if it will retain the setting each time I reboot.

    problem 2: How do I configure the reloading of my custom settings which I saved to my homedrive? configs.tbz / knoppix.sh

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    To change your screen resolution go to the Kmenu> Control Center>Peripherals>Display
    change the resolution with the drop down menu for screen size, click 'apply' and check
    the "Apply my settings on KDE start up" check box. That should do it.
    I'm using knoppix 3.5 .

    As far as saving custom settings give more info on what you're trying to
    accomplish please.

Similar Threads

  1. SCREEN PROBLEMS - Newbie to Knoppix/Linux
    By Silvar in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 02:25 AM
  2. Flickering screen (newbie question)
    By bsjawle in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 08:23 AM
  3. turning off screen saver / blanking at login screen
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
  4. Knoppix Newbie Booting problem- Blank screen
    By Guardian in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
  5. Newbie question: How to change screen refresh rate...
    By rogerrog in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive picture

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive

$49.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$343.98



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99