-
Install Command Errors
I've recently tried to do a HDD install of the "Games" derivitive of Knoppix v3.7 (real video drivers with HW acceleration) with little sucess. I deleted one of my 250's paritions and made two unformatted partitions intended to be a Linux boot and swap (~30GB + ~2 GB) and delegated the rest to a normal Windows NTFS partition.
I opened the root console from the penguin icon at the bottom and tried knoppix-installer which resulted in two instant errors, a short pause, and then an infinite loop of errors that say something along the lines of check_partition_ok: command not found, msgbox: command not found, and menu_part: command not found with line numbers the errors occur on. I found a somebody else with the same problem (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51137) but there was no real solution. The MD5's match, so my DL is fine.
-
Senior Member
registered user
install command errors
I think you may have a bad copy of the cd. Check the md5sum and compare it to the one on the website where you downloaded the iso.
johnb
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: install command errors

Originally Posted by
johnb
I think you may have a bad copy of the cd. Check the md5sum and compare it to the one on the website where you downloaded the iso.
johnb
The last sentence of his post says he did that.
I would try the nodma cheat code. And did you burn the cd at a slow and sane 4x or as fast as your burner would burn it?
-
I tried the normal Knoppix version and the installer started up, however I now get an error durante the installer wizard (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16073). I haven't tried the memory limit as suggested within the other thread since I'm not sure how to do it.
Similar Threads
-
By TriPPed in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2006, 07:27 AM
-
By pink jelly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
-
By usbrit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 01:25 PM
-
By extradudeguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 AM
-
By god in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99