-
Senior Member
registered user
Damn kppp or my isp? exit status 19
I have been using knoppix 3.5 hard drive install for about 3-4 months now with no problems ( just some fine tuning )
I run a lot of distros (too many ) and had run knoppix 3.3 before for about a year.
I always seem to eventually run into kppp or pppd problems. So tonight when I booted into knoppix
I was not suprised but aggravated to find that I couldn't get a connection. I just kept getting
exit status 19 from kppp. I know that means failed to authenticate but noauth is selected.
The issue here is that it was working fine for at least 3 months. I have a dial up and don't do upgades
nor have I messed with my /etc/ppp files. I got the same error message with the 3.6 live cd including kppp details as follows:
"couldn't write to /var/log/syslog.ppp /var/log/syslog /var/log/message"
I got it running on knoppix 3.6 ( running from cd ) by changing the permissions on those files.
Does anyone know what could cause this to happen? And even more importantly how to prevent it from happening again???
Follow up: Did I mention how aggravating this is
Oh well just need to let it go.
I can not get my hard drive install of knoppix to dial out sucessfully ppp is a mess!
I'm in debian woody r1. I can't even get knoppix to work by copying and repalcing files from a working system 
I trashed all the files in /etc/ppp that are edited by pppconfig e.g. pap-secrets & others too ( I'm too tired
to remember them all-sorry) and when I ran pppconfig after deleteing my kppp config too I just did touch to create empty files
when pppconfig complained. It's working now...aggravating though and I wish I knew why it happens????
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:07 PM
-
By ThomasX in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
-
By Darkman348 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
-
By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 11:55 AM
-
By neil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2003, 04:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07