Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problematic Installer (Knopp v3.7)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8

    Problematic Installer (Knopp v3.7)

    I umounted all partitions and formatted a 32,000MB ext3 partition and 1.56GB linux swap parition on my "hdd" drive for Knoppix to install to. However, the installer repeatedly says to me that I don't mean the requirements and suggests I make sure that I have 2GB+ free and a 128MB swap if I don't have 512MB of RAM. I've got 1536MB of memory and that 30GB ext3 partition.

    I tried the ignore option but when I go to make a configuration, I get the screen that has me select one of the three types (CD-like, beginner, straight debian) and then when I click next, I'm brought to a screen full of text. I press next or back on that screen and the installer goes away and the installer has quit, leaving me with the console.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    Not sure, but I recently read somewhere that linux appears to have a bug with handling memory greater than 1 GB. Some folks reported that using mem=512 or mem=1008 in the kernel boot option fixed that problem. After they got it installed then they removed that parameter from the kernel, and it worked fine afterwards. Again, I'm not sure if this applies to you but it couldn't hurt to try it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    I dunno folks. I tried mem=768M and the installer gave the same error. Is there a textual wizard for the install I could try?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Where are you trying the install from? The ctrl alt f2 konsole or the konsole within kdm? I found that one ways works for me, within kdm? Just a suggestion. When I try the other way the installer quits after the user password and gives an error I don't remember. Also, is there an x or a dot in the install type you choose? ---> (x) or (.)?

Similar Threads

  1. Knopp Internet Explorer Issue
    By weronero in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 06:25 AM
  2. "floppyconfig" problematic in 3.9?
    By Lucky Daniel in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 05:50 AM
  3. how::change first line--->>> "Welcome in KNOPP
    By suzan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 02:30 AM
  5. knopp on DVD
    By nkosta in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00