-
Problematic Installer (Knopp v3.7)
I umounted all partitions and formatted a 32,000MB ext3 partition and 1.56GB linux swap parition on my "hdd" drive for Knoppix to install to. However, the installer repeatedly says to me that I don't mean the requirements and suggests I make sure that I have 2GB+ free and a 128MB swap if I don't have 512MB of RAM. I've got 1536MB of memory and that 30GB ext3 partition.
I tried the ignore option but when I go to make a configuration, I get the screen that has me select one of the three types (CD-like, beginner, straight debian) and then when I click next, I'm brought to a screen full of text. I press next or back on that screen and the installer goes away and the installer has quit, leaving me with the console.
Any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure, but I recently read somewhere that linux appears to have a bug with handling memory greater than 1 GB. Some folks reported that using mem=512 or mem=1008 in the kernel boot option fixed that problem. After they got it installed then they removed that parameter from the kernel, and it worked fine afterwards. Again, I'm not sure if this applies to you but it couldn't hurt to try it.
-
I dunno folks. I tried mem=768M and the installer gave the same error. Is there a textual wizard for the install I could try?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Where are you trying the install from? The ctrl alt f2 konsole or the konsole within kdm? I found that one ways works for me, within kdm? Just a suggestion. When I try the other way the installer quits after the user password and gives an error I don't remember. Also, is there an x or a dot in the install type you choose? ---> (x) or (.)?
Similar Threads
-
By weronero in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2006, 06:25 AM
-
By Lucky Daniel in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2005, 05:50 AM
-
By suzan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
-
By hernan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 02:30 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Oem Samsung BAR Plus 256 GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - Champagne/Silver NEW SEALED
$56.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90