Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Config loading problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Config loading problems

    When I went to use Knoppix 3.7 the other day, I tried to boot with the config files I had from when I used 3.6. I first tried:

    Knoppix myconf=scan

    as it's far easier to have it scan for the files than to remember the path. This didn't work, so I tried

    knoppix myconf=floppy

    This time I got the error that it couldn't be found. Feeling rather annoyed I posted on my livejournal and got the suggestion to try:

    knoppix floppyconf

    which worked and all was good. Knoppix-y goodness for me.

    The problem comes now that I want to use my laptop. I copied the files from my flopy disk to my USB memory (which has worked before), and started using the conf=scan coce. To my dismay, it doesn't work, and /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 could not be found when I tried both

    knoppix myconf=/dev/sda(1)

    and

    knoppix myconf=/mnt/sda(1)

    It also can't be found and I've forgotten how to mount the drive manually. If anyone can suffest how to mount my usb pen manually, or how I can load the config files from it, that'd be great as I really want to get it working but I just can't figure out how to do it. :'(

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Which kernel are you running? In other words, are you using "knoppix26" to use kernel 2.6 or or "knoppix" to use kernel 2.4? "myconf=/dev/sda1" should work for kernel 2.4, but kernel 2.6 seems to have moved to "/dev/ubxy" (in other words, /dev/uba1 instead of /dev/sda1) for USB keys.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    Yeah, I've tried that, it didn't work. Also, I can't get the pen drive to work at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with loading (USB and WXGA Resolution problems)
    By znai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
  2. Persistant Config problems
    By turk30213 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:13 PM
  3. Help anyone!? Newbie 3.6 loading problems
    By Adrian Hudson in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 12:05 PM
  4. haveing problems loading config from floppy
    By cowmamba in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 10:37 PM
  5. Problems Loading
    By mikelaw101 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 04:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99