-
Config loading problems
When I went to use Knoppix 3.7 the other day, I tried to boot with the config files I had from when I used 3.6. I first tried:
Knoppix myconf=scan
as it's far easier to have it scan for the files than to remember the path. This didn't work, so I tried
knoppix myconf=floppy
This time I got the error that it couldn't be found. Feeling rather annoyed I posted on my livejournal and got the suggestion to try:
knoppix floppyconf
which worked and all was good. Knoppix-y goodness for me. 
The problem comes now that I want to use my laptop. I copied the files from my flopy disk to my USB memory (which has worked before), and started using the conf=scan coce. To my dismay, it doesn't work, and /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 could not be found when I tried both
knoppix myconf=/dev/sda(1)
and
knoppix myconf=/mnt/sda(1)
It also can't be found and I've forgotten how to mount the drive manually. If anyone can suffest how to mount my usb pen manually, or how I can load the config files from it, that'd be great as I really want to get it working but I just can't figure out how to do it. :'(
Similar Threads
-
By znai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
-
By turk30213 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:13 PM
-
By Adrian Hudson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 12:05 PM
-
By cowmamba in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By mikelaw101 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 04:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67