-
Start Apache and Mysqld at Bootup
I have just installed Knoppix to my hard drive. How can I start apache and mysqld at bootup? I'm a linux newbie and I have yet to grasp shell scripts and etc. Is there an easy way to do this. A full howto or explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Delamatrix
-
Senior Member
registered user
Very easy, open a terminal window and su to root.
Type update-rc.d apache defaults and hit enter.
Type update-rc.d mysql defaults and hit enter.
Logout of terminal and reboot, both will start before you even get to the desktop.
Alternatively, you could just type /etc/init.d/apache start and /etc/init.d/mysql start instead of rebooting to get them running now and reboot later when you need to.
HTH,
Durand
-
Thanks Durand! It's working. I love knoppix!
- Delamatrix
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By morbidpalooza in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
-
By Zero_1984 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By Zero_1984 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:51 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08