-
Hanging during boot
I am trying to use knoppix 7.3 on an acer travelmate 4002 notebook. When booting, Knoppix allways hangs at "Network Device Eth0 detected, DHCP brodcasting for ip . " I dont have anything plugged into the built in ethernet in the laptop because I normaly use wireless with it. I'v tried waiting but it stays there. Is there a way I can tell knoppix to skip this step?
I read the instructions for the boot options but I didn't see anything there that would disable trying to get an ip adress. I know almost nothing about linux, the reason I am trying to use knoppix is for learning. I tried the cd on my friends computer and it works. I tried also using the games knoppix and it hangs in exacaly the same place. So is there a way to get knoppix to skip that step? or something else I can do to prevent it from hanging?
-
Senior Member
registered user
ok... blue, i got this from the cheat codes that came with me cd...
knoppix no{apic,agp,apm,audio,ddc} Skip parts of HW-detection (1)
knoppix no{firewire,isapnpbios} Skip parts of HW-detection (2)
knoppix no{pcmcia,scsi,swap,usb} Skip parts of HW-detection (3)
... by the way.. its one of these cheet codes... i dont know which one... hopefully i have been helpful...
you can check your cd for more cheat codes... D:\knoppix\knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
-
Senior Member
registered user
'knoppix failsafe' skips all but absolutely essential HD detection & should skip DHCP detection.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try knoppix nodhcp at boot to disable dhcp at startup. You can configure a couple of scripts afterwards to make it stick.
See my response to this thread:http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16024 to see if that does it for you.
HTH,
Durand
Similar Threads
-
By ecop77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By mmelzer2004 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By dave123 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:27 AM
-
By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz
$50.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16
$55.00