-
Help Knoppix boot messages
I've been using Knoppix for a while now. And was wondering how do I see the boot messages displayed by Knoppix.
I can see the messages, but after Knoppix has finished booting and has gone in to KDE. I can't find them.
How do I see what the boot messages were? Is there some sort of configuration or log file I need to see with vi editor?
I've tried "vi /var/log/messages" but that gives no output.
BTW this has been always from a Live CD for Knoppix. Knoppix has not been installed to the hard drive.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The boot messages are derived from the linuxrc file which is held in zipped form as part of
minirt24.gz from /boot/isolinux on the CD. You'll find the codes that produce the boot messages within that.
These codes and messages can be altered if you decide to do a Knoppix remaster.
/var/log/messages, if it has been set up, I believe, usually just gives output regarding programs that have been or are running.
Regards,
Mark
Similar Threads
-
By Jaromba in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 02:30 PM
-
By kooladi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
-
By knrh in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 11:57 PM
-
By brian dorling in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:01 PM
-
By schnarff in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$69.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU 4.7GHz
$215.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98