Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Source Code?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    Source Code?

    I have a USB MP3 player that I use as a thumb drive. It uses SD media. When I boot up Knoppix under the 2.6 kernell, it works just like it is supposed to work--Knoppix immediately recognizes it and I can access it perfectly.

    Here's my problem--I currently am running Fedora Core on my hard drive and would like to upgrade to FC3. The only thing stopping me is the fact that FC3 will not recognize my drive. dmesg shows that the issue seems to be a usb-storage recognition issue. So I filed a bug in bugzilla (Bug #140990).

    The developer working on the bug has asked me to procure the source code for the usb-storage module for Knoppix, so he can compare the code with the Fedora code.

    Since it is my understanding that the usb-storage module is actually embedded in the kernel, could he be talking about the usbutils package? If not, how do I fulfull his request?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I can't answer your question but I can point you in the right direction. I found a repository of the knoppix source code http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. compiling source code
    By crazy_monkey108 in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
  2. Source code for sysvinit
    By forsberg in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
  3. Source code mirror for Knoppix 3.8.1
    By che_fox in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
  4. need source code
    By vynx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM
  5. Source code despair......
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5

Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5" F9NWJ 12Gbps HDD AL15SEB24EQY Hard Drive w/ Caddy

$324.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HGST HUS724020ALA640 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD P/N: 0F14690 picture

HGST HUS724020ALA640 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD P/N: 0F14690

$55.00