Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Source Code?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    Source Code?

    I have a USB MP3 player that I use as a thumb drive. It uses SD media. When I boot up Knoppix under the 2.6 kernell, it works just like it is supposed to work--Knoppix immediately recognizes it and I can access it perfectly.

    Here's my problem--I currently am running Fedora Core on my hard drive and would like to upgrade to FC3. The only thing stopping me is the fact that FC3 will not recognize my drive. dmesg shows that the issue seems to be a usb-storage recognition issue. So I filed a bug in bugzilla (Bug #140990).

    The developer working on the bug has asked me to procure the source code for the usb-storage module for Knoppix, so he can compare the code with the Fedora code.

    Since it is my understanding that the usb-storage module is actually embedded in the kernel, could he be talking about the usbutils package? If not, how do I fulfull his request?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I can't answer your question but I can point you in the right direction. I found a repository of the knoppix source code http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. compiling source code
    By crazy_monkey108 in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
  2. Source code for sysvinit
    By forsberg in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
  3. Source code mirror for Knoppix 3.8.1
    By che_fox in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
  4. need source code
    By vynx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM
  5. Source code despair......
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$79.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive picture

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive

$24.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Lot of (3) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 Western Digital   Used picture

Lot of (3) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 Western Digital Used

$285.00



Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512

$65.00