Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Source Code?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    Source Code?

    I have a USB MP3 player that I use as a thumb drive. It uses SD media. When I boot up Knoppix under the 2.6 kernell, it works just like it is supposed to work--Knoppix immediately recognizes it and I can access it perfectly.

    Here's my problem--I currently am running Fedora Core on my hard drive and would like to upgrade to FC3. The only thing stopping me is the fact that FC3 will not recognize my drive. dmesg shows that the issue seems to be a usb-storage recognition issue. So I filed a bug in bugzilla (Bug #140990).

    The developer working on the bug has asked me to procure the source code for the usb-storage module for Knoppix, so he can compare the code with the Fedora code.

    Since it is my understanding that the usb-storage module is actually embedded in the kernel, could he be talking about the usbutils package? If not, how do I fulfull his request?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I can't answer your question but I can point you in the right direction. I found a repository of the knoppix source code http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. compiling source code
    By crazy_monkey108 in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
  2. Source code for sysvinit
    By forsberg in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
  3. Source code mirror for Knoppix 3.8.1
    By che_fox in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
  4. need source code
    By vynx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM
  5. Source code despair......
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08