-
System no longer boot kdm
Hi, I have recently installed knoppix (most recent release). It has been running on my machine for about a week without any problems until yesterday. I booted the machine and instead of launching kdm - the graphical login screen, I was left at the console login. The last message on the screen left by the boot process was:
Starting K display manager: kdm already running
I can login at the console but noticed that bash didn't read my .bashrc file. I can get X up and running with "startx" but I have noticed some differences in KDE. All of my settings seem to be in place (such as kde look and feel and config files such as .bashrc seem to be active now) but all of the font sizes in KDE are larger - both on the desktop, in Konquorer and in applications such as Firefox). I have no idea what has happened.
Has anybody ever encountered anything similar? If yes did you manage to solve the problems?
Thanks in advance.
will103
Similar Threads
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:51 PM
-
By pauly999 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
-
By cpfrank in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By Sanga in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By tkatchev69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95