-
System no longer boot kdm
Hi, I have recently installed knoppix (most recent release). It has been running on my machine for about a week without any problems until yesterday. I booted the machine and instead of launching kdm - the graphical login screen, I was left at the console login. The last message on the screen left by the boot process was:
Starting K display manager: kdm already running
I can login at the console but noticed that bash didn't read my .bashrc file. I can get X up and running with "startx" but I have noticed some differences in KDE. All of my settings seem to be in place (such as kde look and feel and config files such as .bashrc seem to be active now) but all of the font sizes in KDE are larger - both on the desktop, in Konquorer and in applications such as Firefox). I have no idea what has happened.
Has anybody ever encountered anything similar? If yes did you manage to solve the problems?
Thanks in advance.
will103
Similar Threads
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:51 PM
-
By pauly999 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
-
By cpfrank in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By Sanga in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By tkatchev69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Dell PERC H755 3KDWX 8GB 12Gb SAS RAID Controller With Battery & Cables
$949.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69