Did you try to configure your network card? What did you try to get it working? Is this a hd install or running from live cd?
Can't configure modem because there is no modem item in the internet menu. Am using a V92 Robotics hardware modem which is on comm 5 in Win XP. Is the problem the comm port? any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Crhoff
Did you try to configure your network card? What did you try to get it working? Is this a hd install or running from live cd?
I don't have a network card, just a dial up modem. And I don't know how to configure it since there is no modem item under Network/Internet.
Sorry, I don't use dial up and have never had linux configured to use it either, I am one of the unfortunate ones that have a winlucent modem.
We need to know a little more about the modem. Is it a PCI (internal) or usb or serial modem. If it's external try some of the other ports in KPPP (K->Internet->Connect->KPPP. Internal modems tend to be a bit tricky.
HTH (Hope This Helps)
I use internal and external modems with all the distros I run.
You need to open a terminal (shell) and su to root
then type "pppconfig" and the enter key; follow the text based installation
program. If you have a com5 modem then the linux address
for that is /dev/ttyS4 (that's a uppercase "S") pppconfig will try to locate your modem
automatically but if it doesn't it gives you the chance to enter it manually.
After you save the configuration and exit then open kppp and click on set up
or configure. You will need to enter your info there too, and you will need to select
the modem under the device tab. If you still have problems provide the error
messages.
Good luck

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$245.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00