-
Re: Weird Test

Originally Posted by
NewGuy
Ok, I see that I cannot have USB and SATA hard drives together. Either USB (with Knoppix v3.4) or SATA (with Knoppix 3.7) I have to live with that.
And now the next problem (or question)
Playing withe cheatcodes:
testcd
I am checking my CD (v.3.4) from O'Reilly's knoppix book. Usually the disk works fine. (Besides problems some of them I have posted here, but I do not think they originated from the bad CD copy)
While testing I got messages, that /boot/isolinux.bin and /knoppix/background.jpg failed MD5 check.
But the final messge stated: Everything looks OK
Is it OK? Can I ignore failed files? Or there is a problem, which I didn't see yet?
TIA
testcd will give that error on the Knoppix 3.4 version included with Knoppix Hacks. When creating it, basically I forgot to update the md5sum for the new background.jpg image I included on the CD (the one with the pocket knife). Everything works fine, just that background image doesn't match the listed md5sum. I didn't touch isolinux.bin though.
The md5sum for the full CD should be: 34e5a8c4aa9f65d8714b3431919d64f7 You can test this by running in a terminal.
Similar Threads
-
By bigjnsa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 01:19 AM
-
By socrates in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:17 PM
-
By Me|2c in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:29 AM
-
By ljsparkleee in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 07:46 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99