-
Senior Member
registered user
D-LINK NETWORK CARD
I have a D-Link NIC (DFE-530TX rev.c), which Debian doesn't recognize. Knoppix does, though. Is there a file that holds the name of each driver in use? How can I find out which driver knoppix uses so that I can select it in plain old Debian
-
Re: D-LINK NETWORK CARD
Hi,

Originally Posted by
jacksonon
I have a D-Link NIC (DFE-530TX rev.c), which Debian doesn't recognize. Knoppix does, though.
Is there a file that holds the name of each driver in use? How can I find out which driver knoppix uses so that I can select it in plain old Debian

it has a RTL8169 chipset? Then (for a 2.6 kernel) you can add a file in the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory containing the line
alias eth0 r8169 (or for a 2.4 kernel add this line to the /etc/modules.conf file).
Ciao,
Thomas
Similar Threads
-
By hunterpritchett in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2006, 09:52 AM
-
By hunterpritchett in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
-
By tecc in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 10:07 PM
-
By nolisaurus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
-
By Panik in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6
$28.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8MB Cache 4-Core LGA1151 Processor
$28.95

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21