-
Partimage refuses to save NTFS
I am using Knoppix 3.4 to save and restore my Windows XP partition (NTFS) with partimage. After doing this several times without any problems, there is suddenly the problem that after entering all parameters and starting, partimage does not start saving the partition, but displays "0%" for minutes. What can be the reason? "cat /proc/partitions" displays all partitions correctly. I also can save a VFAT partition without problems. I think that too much file fragmentation can not be the problem, because according to the partimage homepage, in this case an error message should occur. The partition to save is 15GB NTFS with about 5GB data and the image should be saved to a large VFAT partition on the same 160GB drive. I chose splitting of image to files of the size 2GB and last time I created this way successfully an image consisting of 2 files smaller than this limit. Unfortunately I don’t know much about Linux.
The only thing that has changed after the last successful image creation is an update of the following 2 BIOS components:
ASUS A7V600 ACPI 1006 - to version 1008
Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility 2.01 - to version 2.31
Can this be a problem for Knoppix 3.4 or partimage? Is it a good idea to try a newer Knoppix version? After rebooting Windows XP I see a file created by partimage at the correct path but with size zero.
Similar Threads
-
By Rapthor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2006, 10:17 PM
-
By thejonreally in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By madoka in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-19-2005, 09:37 PM
-
By TheLousyOne in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 04:19 AM
-
By raymond139 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$49.99

Vintage Apple Desktop Bus Mouse Beige G5431 AS IS NOT tested
$29.99

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99