-
1GB pen drive w/knoppix image boots but cant start linux...
Ahhh crap... I almost had it... I knew it was too good to be true.
Here is what I did.
Target: Lexar JumpDrive 1GB.
Used latest Syslinux 3.01 to setup...
Used mkdiskimage scripts as suggested.... AND IT TOOK A LONG flippling time to do whatever
it did...
Syslinux installed the ldlinux.sys correctly..
Then...
Booted with 3.7 CD and copied THE WHOLE THING onto the jump drive.
/boot
/knoppix
etc.
I copied the stuff from isolinux into the root but that did nothing...
I believe syslinux needs a *.bs file?? because I use syslinux and
not isolinux.
I am not the most swift linux person so I am not sure how to make
the corrections. This Knoppix thing needs a usbkey setup. (Now that
usb key prices are dropping)
I want to behave just like the cd.. but on the jump drive.
BTW... the usb key drive prices are falling... the 1GB I got only cost $79 with
a $20 mail in rebate.
ScottP
Similar Threads
-
By ocgltd in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
-
By revaaron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By 12p542 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 01:50 AM
-
By astump in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:31 AM
-
By Ewen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164
$15.99

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435
$25.95

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro
$179.99

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter 45W/60W/85W
$8.99