Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: About VMware Tools,Thanks!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2

    About VMware Tools,Thanks!!!

    I'm using Knoppix in VmWare under windowsXP.
    After creating a persistent home in sda,when I wanna Install VmWare tools,things go wrong...
    afer clicking the " Install VmWare Tools " in VmWare memu bar, everything on my desktop just disappeared!!!(and the task bar...)
    Please help T_T.....
    .
    .
    .

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Have you checked this http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/do..._tools_ws.html? You said
    everything on my desktop just disappeared!!!(and the task bar...)
    . If the Knoppix desktop & KDE taskbar disappeared then you are not installing the tools properly. You need to install VMWare tools for linux in a text mode & not in a graphical dekstop mode. Check the link I provided.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Actually, I did run the installer in the KDE graphical desktop mode at first tme. but it worked.
    I saw a cd-rom icon appeared on the desktop, and some scripts in that new appeared drive. So after reading readme I run the scripts in the console.But it reported some errors, I just cant remember...
    later, I 'v found that newly installed vmware tool didnt work, so I tryed again(click the menu Item in the vmware menu). Uper things happened.....
    T_T.....

    I'll try again later, following the instructions from the link you posted.
    Thanks!!!

Similar Threads

  1. VMWare VMPlayer and Tools with Knoppix V4.02
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 10:15 PM
  2. VMWare: VMWare Tools can not be installed
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
  3. diagnostic tools
    By Bulldog in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 02:43 PM
  4. Daemon Tools
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 05:40 AM
  5. Forensics Tools
    By cascadefx in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99