-
Windows crash
I recently had a HD crash on my computer...and to make a long story short. I called Fujitsu for
service and they said I needed to use the re-imaging program to "cure" the situation. I wasn't thrilled
about doing this , but I do have an external HD that I have been pretty good about saving the more important things
to it. However there are some recent additions that I would like to recover...
Anyway, I did use the bootable floppy and went about re-imaging the HD. 49% of the way through it popped up an error.
Now it has to be sent in. Well my warranty expired in December (doesn't that figure) and figure I can replace the old
HD myself....
Several months back I had downloaded Knoppix (3.6) out of curiosity and thought I would make a last ditch effort to try
and see if I could get back some of the files I have lost. I'm getting an error when I try.
Could not mount device
Report error was
Mount: I could not determine the file system type, and none was specified.
I'm guessing there is not much to be done about it, but thought I would ask anyway. On the positive side
I'm really liking this bootable Cd and plan to look into this much further.
Regards,
Zedd
Similar Threads
-
By aldz in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2005, 08:07 AM
-
By Capt. Cautious in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 04:37 AM
-
By Kosko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By Nils in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:24 AM
-
By drg55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Unclaimed Cloud Managed Security Appliance Firewall SD-WAN
$119.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99