-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Can't Mount hda1 from my network

Originally Posted by
Skaster
I'm on a network, and I'm trying to mount my harddrive on Knoppix, however, when I type in:
mount /dev/hda1
I'm given this message:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1, or too many mounted file systems
I realize that I am mounting a harddrive with a few hundred users on it. Is this the problem? I'm new to Linnux, so I don't have an extensive knowledge yet, but I'm learning. If you could help me, that would be greatly appreciated.
What type of network? What do you mean there are a few hundred users on the hard drive? Is this drive (partition actually) that you are trying to mount actually on the computer that Knoppix is running on, or is it elsewhere on the network? Do you see a littel icon on the Knoppix desktop that says "hda1"? Can you open it by clicking that?
Similar Threads
-
By jimandjeanette in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:50 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:29 AM
-
By DukeNukemPT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By rodrigo_tomita in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:49 PM
-
By Capoeira in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00