Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Turning off hardwaredetection in hd-installation of 3.7

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Turning off hardwaredetection in hd-installation of 3.7

    I installed knoppix 3.7 to harddisk and I'm pretty sure I used "Debian-like". However on each start the hardwaredetection is running. I suppose it's only a script in rc.d-directory or in initrd, isn't it? So where can I find it to modify and/or remove it? After hardwaredetection once has occured I know all modules I need and don't need it any more.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    solution

    I suppose I found the solution myself. For all who are interested in:
    It's not hardwaredetection in the sense of knoppix. It's just that it copies the /etc/modules-2.6.X to /etc/modules during boot and then tries to insmod all the modules in /etc/modules during bootup. That needs a lot of time and maybe produces some error-messages. Quick-and-dirty solution is to comment all modules you don't need in /etc/modules-2.6.X.


Similar Threads

  1. Turning Xserver on and off?
    By Juggerboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
  2. turning up the volume
    By stedy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:40 PM
  3. Turning apache on during CD boot
    By jmassengill in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:38 AM
  4. Diagnostic on Hardwaredetection available?
    By Lothar Werzinger in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 09:40 PM
  5. Turning My Machine Off
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 12:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00