-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem mutli-OS booting with Lilo
I'll got ahead and go right to the point. I have 2 HDs, hda and hdb. HDA has 3 partitions: hda1 (knoppix), hda2 (swap), hda3 (free). On HDB there's hdb1 (DSL) and hdb2 (FreeDOS). For a while I was using HDB as the main HD on the computer, and I was using Lilo to dual boot DSL and FreeDOS. NOW, I installed a new HD (current HDA) with Knoppix on it, and am using HDB as a slave.
I configured lilo.conf and ran "lilo" and got the follow error message:
Fatal: First sector of /dev/hdb1 doesn't have a valid boot signature
So I went ahead and took DSL from lilo.conf and just ran it with FreeDOS. Lilo ran configuration just fine and said it added FreeDOS. So now I loading FreeDOS and got another error:
What's going on? I had Lilo installed on HDB, so i reinstalled DSL on HDB1 and this time chose not run mkliloboot. Still didn't work. So what am I doing wrong?
Similar Threads
-
By outanet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By AdmiralJonB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:45 AM
-
By Daedaleus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink T54W Verizon VoIP IP Desk Phone, Black IP Phone Model
$55.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95