Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knofig edit w/ cheat codes?????

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bmore
    Posts
    2

    knofig edit w/ cheat codes?????

    Hi I am trying to install knoppix 3.7: 2.6.x kernel to a compaq professional workstaion 8000 quad ppro and am having some difficulties so I was wondering if it was possible to pass along some of those wonderful cheat codes to the .knofig file. I don not see any notes there giving the ability to do so but one must ask. any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.P., MI, USA
    Posts
    35

    Re: knofig edit w/ cheat codes?????

    Quote Originally Posted by crashed
    Hi I am trying to install knoppix 3.7: 2.6.x kernel to a compaq professional workstaion 8000 quad ppro and am having some difficulties so I was wondering if it was possible to pass along some of those wonderful cheat codes to the .knofig file. I don not see any notes there giving the ability to do so but one must ask. any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers
    Hi!
    I saw that it's been a while since you posted this, but nobody responded,... So, even though what came to mind isn't anywhere near certain, I thought I'd pass this along to you. I'd had a language issue, and someone suggested I edit the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file to change "de" to "us". As I'm sure you can see, this is an alternative to using "lang=us" cheatcode during bootup. What I'm thinking, is that perhaps some of the cheatcodes you'd like to use in .knofig might not be well placed, if put into the knoppix-autoconfig file?

    As I said, I'm not at all certain this is really a solution which will work for you - but, it's at least something you can try, eh?. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bmore
    Posts
    2

    RE: Re: knofig edit w/ cheat codes?????

    Hi Scruffyeagle,

    Thanks for the tip I will look into the idea I think it has merrit and may be possible to add other cheat codes there as well. I really like Knoppix as a live cd and am now using it as a installed system for testing and building a LFS (Linux from scratch systerm in the hopes of learning a bit more about how the OS operates. Anyway thanks again for the post.

    Crash

Similar Threads

  1. Persistent Cheat Codes
    By dbar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
  2. changing the cheat codes
    By usha panwar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 09:44 AM
  3. Cheat codes
    By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
  4. Cheat Codes Don't Work
    By dannyd in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:57 PM
  5. knoppix cheat codes
    By kzaty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00