Sorry:
.wmv
I'd like to know how i can run .wma archives in my xine video player.
My xine version is 0.99.1 (included in knoppix 3.4)
I've looked for codecs topics but i have found nothing.
I'm new at linux world and I don't know if exists another way of run that kind of extensions.
Thanks
Sorry:
.wmv
I don't know if this will get you exactly what you are looking for however, these steps will enable Debian to download & install media codecs & programs.
According to http://debian.video.free.fr/
As root user, open up the /etc/apt/sources.list file in a text editor.
Add the following three lines to the bottom.
Then run the command apt-get update to refresh the package repository. Use aptitude, synaptic, or kpackage to install the programs & codecs.Code:deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
I hope this helps.
James
hey, so I added those lines, and then I ran kpackage, I don't really know how kpackage works. what's the next step?
add those lines, then run 'apt-get update' to update your package lists, then you can install apps. For an overview of installing apps, see: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14977
Now that you have updated your sources.list with the above mentioned repositories do the following.Originally Posted by jehan60188
apt-get update
apt-get install w32codecs
Then everything should work. I would go ahead and install mplayer as well since it's a very nice media player. Morover you can download some nice frontends to mplayer. I like kplayer.
Adam
aay
I know this is a year late, but I just tried apt-get update and then apt-get install w32codecs but I keep getting errors.
I added the ...marillat... lines to /etc/apt/sources.list and they seem to be my problem. How do I dig into ...marillat... to find the correct path?
Thank you.Code:root@xbox:/home/box# apt-get install w32codecs Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net stable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory) W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net testing/main Packages(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory) W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net unstable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory) W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems E: Couldn't find package w32codecs root@xbox:/home/box#
Here's what I found on the nerim web site that will work (as of today!):
Add to the above information for i386 and sparc packages, edit your /etc/apt/sources.list
Substitute (sarge) for (stable)
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main
Substitute (etch) for (testing)
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main
Substitute (sid) for (unstable)
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main
The codecs are downloading as I speak! This is cool!
There is a little plug in for XMMS. XMMS-WMA I'm using 1.03.
It's easy to find on the web.
You don't even need to "install" it. I downloaded it, unpacked it. Then dragged the plugin to the proper XMMS folder:
/usr/lib/xmms/Input
When XMMS starts, just enable it.
sakiZ

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.49
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max Router - 5x 2.5GbE - IDS/IPS 2.3 Gbps - UXG-Max
$180.00
Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00
NVIDIA DGX Spark 4TB Founders Edition GB10 128GB AI Supercomputer SEALED
$8999.00
PARDUS LINUX OS | LATEST ISO | DVD, USB | AMD64 | 64-BIT | GNOME | XFCE | SERVER
$4.49
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00