-
Junior Member
registered user
HP Pavilion laptop won't load 3.4-3.6... Help!
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to boot Knoppix 3.6 on my HP Pavilion laptop, and it won't work.
V3.3 boots perfectly fine and runs perfectly fine. V3.4 doesn't work, nor does V3.6. I have yet to try V3.7... The laptop is a HP ze4125. It has an 1.4GHz Athlon XP w/ PowerNow, 512MB RAM. Here's what Knoppix does: At the boot screen, just hitting enter causes the screen to just go blank, and nothing happens. Putting "vga=normal" as a boot option allows one line of text to appear saying that the linux kernel is uncompressing and that it's done, and just doesn't load anything else. Putting "failsafe" allows Knoppix to load up fine until it tries to load graphics. As soon as it is about to enter a graphical interface, the screen just gets all scrambled (mostly just lines and colors). I'm guessing that the problem is from something with the graphics board on this laptop. It has a ATI Raedon Mobile (I think... I don't use this laptop for gaming!). Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Knoppix to boot? Any boot options I should try? Remember... I'm not very advanced with Linux. The most I can do is install linux and play around with it lol, which I've done plenty of times. Thanks in advance if anyone has any help!
Similar Threads
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By stoner in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By Medicate in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By kdmiller in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By nlang in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95