-
Junior Member
registered user
HP Pavilion laptop won't load 3.4-3.6... Help!
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to boot Knoppix 3.6 on my HP Pavilion laptop, and it won't work.
V3.3 boots perfectly fine and runs perfectly fine. V3.4 doesn't work, nor does V3.6. I have yet to try V3.7... The laptop is a HP ze4125. It has an 1.4GHz Athlon XP w/ PowerNow, 512MB RAM. Here's what Knoppix does: At the boot screen, just hitting enter causes the screen to just go blank, and nothing happens. Putting "vga=normal" as a boot option allows one line of text to appear saying that the linux kernel is uncompressing and that it's done, and just doesn't load anything else. Putting "failsafe" allows Knoppix to load up fine until it tries to load graphics. As soon as it is about to enter a graphical interface, the screen just gets all scrambled (mostly just lines and colors). I'm guessing that the problem is from something with the graphics board on this laptop. It has a ATI Raedon Mobile (I think... I don't use this laptop for gaming!). Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Knoppix to boot? Any boot options I should try? Remember... I'm not very advanced with Linux. The most I can do is install linux and play around with it lol, which I've done plenty of times. Thanks in advance if anyone has any help!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Code:
knoppix noscsi acpi=off
-
Junior Member
registered user
Wow! Worked like a charm!! Thanks a lot!
-
Junior Member
registered user
The only thing is... since I have to use "acpi=off", does that turn off power managment? I noticed it doesn't tell me battery power remaining. Also, can knoppix use the PowerNow speed stepping of the Athlon XP processor?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Kanotix BHX (a Knoppix derivative) has support for AMD cpu laptop power management built-in. Try that.
Similar Threads
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By stoner in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By Medicate in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By kdmiller in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By nlang in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00