-
Junior Member
registered user
Ad-Hoc between Knoppix and WinXP? Possible?
I have a Belkin broadcom card for both my laptop and my desktop. I'm really glad grant_vallance wrote how to get the broadcom card to work with knoppix (although besides getting the card to be recognized, I haven't quite gotten it to work yet). I want to make sure before I really persue trying to get my wireless network to work, that Ad-Hoc between a WinXP machine, and Knoppix is even possible.
My set up is that I do not have any access points, and have both machines set up in Ad-Hoc mode
This is how I have it setup:
SSID:WLAN
Desktop: 10.0.0.1
Laptop: 10.0.0.2
Channel: 1
And I run a proxy on my desktop, to share the internet...
Anything I should know about an inter-OS Ad-Hoc setup?
Similar Threads
-
By asyc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By asyc in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By ziyad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By predhator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75