Hi,
I have two Notebooks, a Dell Latitude D600 and a Compaq Evo N160. On both systems I have installed Knoppix on the hard disk (Dell with Knoppix 3.6 and Compaq with Knoppix 3.4) as a Debian system. Both systems work fine, but when I try to make a presentation with our Beamer, the Beamer shows (independent of the notebook) just the middle part of the screen.
The reason seems to be, that the beamer gives DDC no signal about the resolution as I can see in the log-file of XFREE. As a result XFREE works in clone mode with a lower frequency (about 31.5 Mhz) on the beamer. When I start the notebooks connected with an external monitor who gives information about his resolution and afterwards swap the VGA cable with the one of the beamer everything works fine. Is there any chance to fix this problem in the X-configuration, so that I can connect to the beamer without going to clone mode?
Thanks

Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit
$1472.50
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00