Hi there,
me - the complete *nix-Noobie, just got to install Knoppix on a hdd-partition. Everything worked fine until I wanted to change my display-settings. The display has a native res @ 1600 x 1200 - which, of course, I wanted to use. After visiting the K-configure-center and switching everything to said res and rebooting, the whole OS messed up like hell. I cannot see anything on the screen. Worst thing is, I cannot change the res back to 640 x 480 because I cannot see anything on the screen.
The graphics chip is an nvidia 5700 Go.
Thanks for any help! Even if I have to reinstall, please help me out...

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01