-
Help Knoppix boot messages
I've been using Knoppix for a while now. And was wondering how do I see the boot messages displayed by Knoppix.
I can see the messages, but after Knoppix has finished booting and has gone in to KDE. I can't find them.
How do I see what the boot messages were? Is there some sort of configuration or log file I need to see with vi editor?
I've tried "vi /var/log/messages" but that gives no output.
BTW this has been always from a Live CD for Knoppix. Knoppix has not been installed to the hard drive.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The boot messages are derived from the linuxrc file which is held in zipped form as part of
minirt24.gz from /boot/isolinux on the CD. You'll find the codes that produce the boot messages within that.
These codes and messages can be altered if you decide to do a Knoppix remaster.
/var/log/messages, if it has been set up, I believe, usually just gives output regarding programs that have been or are running.
Regards,
Mark
Similar Threads
-
By Jaromba in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 02:30 PM
-
By kooladi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
-
By knrh in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 11:57 PM
-
By brian dorling in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:01 PM
-
By schnarff in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00