-
boot floppy is broken
I installed Kanotix to my hardrive, and i put the bootloader on the partition, instead of the hardrive. I want it there so that the computer auto boots to windows when I want it to. When I made the boot floppy, there was an error that the floppy drive was busy, I assume because I stuck the floppy in, and then pushed the button too fast. The installer went on though, so i assumed that it worked. I tried the floppy, but it says non system disk take it out. So it must have gone into Windows. I checked the boot order, and the floppy drive is before the hardrive, so i assume that the problem is that the floppy is not good. Is there a way that I can get the floppy to work without reinstall|? Reinstall wouldn't be that big of adeal, though, so I guess its ok. Maybe there is another thing that you think caused the problem. At the start of the install, there was an error that said /dev/fd0 could not be accessed.
Similar Threads
-
By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By SalsaDoom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By iconfly in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 03:37 PM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99