I have seen HD installs lose network settings so I add a dhcp entry to /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Hello,
When i boot using the live CD (Knoppix 2.7) everything goes fine on my Dell D600. But When i install it on Hdd i loose network, usb support language (ok not so important this).
I have used knoppix-installer with the tow options in configuration : beginner and knoppix, and both have the same end ...
So how can i set the same configuration as with live CD auto config?
Or if you have a good tutorial
Thanks!
Scott
I have seen HD installs lose network settings so I add a dhcp entry to /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Part of the fun of linux is learning it. A few tweaks here and there and you will be right back to where you were. This is normal that a hd install does not have everything configured.
To get your network going try configuring the network card in the K menu-->knoppix-->network/internet-->network card configuration. Sometimes you have to do it more than once to get the connection started, at least with mine after a fresh install (dsl modem). Until you see auto lo eth0, that's when I know my network is up.
What type of usb support are you talking about?
The lang can be changed in the lilo.conf append line by changing the lang=de or whatever to lang=us if you want english. I think there is another place to change it but I never had to, the lilo.conf change was good enough. Hope this helps.

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99