-
NIC eeprom problems (I think)
I know that this was discussed in some length some time ago, but I'm new to this forum and a bit of a linux newbie, so I thought I'd post my problem to see if anyone has come up with any solutions.
I've tried running knoppix (v3.7) on my machine which also runs windows xp with updates! Guess what whenever machine tries to dhcp eth0 it hangs. I can start with nodhcp but that if I try to do netcardconfig on that card it hangs again - as it happens I have two cards in that machine (one is idle) but whichever i use same problem.
My machine is connected to an old box running smoothwall (linux firewall/rooter) there is no problem with dhcp. I tried putting the knoppix disk in the smmothwall box (which also has two nic's but has never run xp) and gues what it was fine.
I've also tried DSL (Damn Small Linux) and that works fine.
So I suspect this is the old M$ screwing eeprom problem - has anyone solved it yet? preferably an easy solution that I can understand!
floi
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Davetron in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99